cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEXUS PIM SM interface to Checkpoint Firewall PIM Dense Mode

jschweng
Level 1
Level 1

We have a NEXUS 7000 running PIM SM.  A checkpoint firewall is networke to it configured for PIM Dense mode. The RP is configured on the NEXUS Siwtch that the firewall is connected to. The firewall statically forwards multicast to the NEXUS.  I need the NEXUS to register the multicast so it can be routed to other networks.    is there any way to do that. I've been able to get it working with 3750's but no joy here.

thanks in advance

JSW

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean when you say "I need the NEXUS to register the multicast so it can be routed to other networks"

You mean peering pim with other devices?

What is it that you are trying to do?

The firewall statically forwards multicast to the NEXUS. I need the NEXUS to register to groups so that other receivers on the PIM SM side can send out joins and receive the traffic.

Why doesnt the NEXUS just see the traffic from the firewall as anothe source.

i set the DR priority on the NEXUS Vlan to 4096 so its the dr on the segment

is there a command i can put on that segment connected to the firelal to proxy register groups

there use to be one for ip pim proxy register dense-mode but i dont see that

yasser.mahmood
Level 1
Level 1

Am I to assume correct PIM DM is not supported on Nexus?

Source---- Nexus <--Physically Connected--> Checkpoint <--Cisco Cat 3750 --> End User

Running Multicast PIM SM                                         FWD PIM Packets

Traffic Direction ------------------------------------------------------>-------------------------->---------------------------------------->

Are the packets Video Stream?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card