Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus TACACS & AAA problem

darrenriley5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having problems getting our Nexus 7000 to authenticate users from our Windows domain. If I set up a user within the ACS server and use the CiscoSecure database for password authentication it works fine.

In the logs on the nexus I receive the following messages when logging on using my windows account.

%AUTHPRIV-3-SYSTEM_MSG: Unable to create temporary user 16894. Error 0x404a0036  - login[20923]

%AUTHPRIV-3-SYSTEM_MSG: pam_aaa:Authentication failed for user 16894 from 10.128.45.44 - login[20923]

We can log on to all other Cisco OS devices using windows domain accounts, its just the Nexus.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

3 Replies 3

Usernames starting with a number (16894 in the example below) are not allowed on NX-OS.

Thanks for letting me know, I've spent ages trying to figure this out. Do you know of any way around this? I was planing to upgrade the NX-IOS to version 4.2.4 to but I presume this won't make any difference?

Thanks

Darren

There is no workaround for this limitation, unfortunately. Please keep track of bug CSCsz65903 for updates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card