Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus7K 's F2E card Port-group

Puneet Gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have N7K-F248XP-25E in which interfcae 3/5 to 3/8 has been assigned to one VDC.

in which  we want to make one interface L2 and one port interface L3 but we are getting the below error...

ERROR: Ethernet3/7: requested config change not allowed

Can we L2 and L3 in same port-group ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, if your remove the M1 card, then you should be able to create a layer-3 interface.

HTH

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you try this command?

vdc limit-resource module-type f2e

and test again?

HTH

Hi 

I am using F2E card with M1 card . is it possible to create L3 interfcae on F2E then ?

In the same VDC or separate VDC?

Both cards's interfaces in same VDC

II have created four VDC in N7K. If i remove the M1 ports from one particulat VDC then would i able to make L3 interface on this VDC then ?

this is very important for us 

Yes, if your remove the M1 card, then you should be able to create a layer-3 interface.

HTH

Hi Reza

Thanks for the help

If i am using F2E card as an L3 then is there any limitations ? we need to run the EIGRP on this F2E card

Hi,

I have never use EIGRP on Nexus device, but it should work fine.  EIGRP is the function of the software and as long as the interface can do layer-3, you should be able to add it to EIGRP process.

HTH

from the data sheet:

When deploying the Cisco Nexus 7000 F2e-Series Copper Module in a VDC together with the Cisco Nexus 7000 M-Series modules, the Cisco Nexus 7000 F2e-Series Copper Module will run in Layer 2-only mode, delegating all Layer 3 capabilities to the Cisco Nexus 7000 M-Series modules present in the VDC.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-7000-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-719524.html

HTH

Hi Reza 

Thanks for all your help.This is very critical to get to know this 

We have N7K-F248XP-25E  "Nexus 7000 F2-Series 48 Port 1/10G (SFP+) Enhanced"

F2E SFP Module , if i remove all the M1 interfaces from that VDC then would i able to use the F2E port as an L3 ?

in other VDC , port can be combined ?

Hi 

I have allocated all the F2E interfaces to one VDC but still i am not able to give the ip addressess to interface 

is there any feature in need to start ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco