cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NME-16ES-1G-P IOS upgrade

hypnotoad
Level 3
Level 3

Question for you all regarding a NME-16ES-1G-P installed in a 2811. The NME is running a C3750 image (c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin). I need to upgrade the IOS and an wondering why the download center is pointing me at C3560 images. I downloaded c3560e-ipbasek9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin and it failed and was stuck in a loop booting and resetting over and over.

Which IOS image should I be running?

--Patrick

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's definitely a mistake in the HTML link.  The NME-16 is a cut-down version of the 3750 so this is the IOS you should be running.

The only way to recover (or get out) from this boot loop is to go through this process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t14/feature/guide/miragenm.html#wp1768057

Few more things.

1.  I don't know what is the flash space of your module but if it's 16 mb, the "highest" IOS you can load is the 12.2(55)SE (and later);

2.  For Pete's sake, please avoid using 12.2(58)SE, 15.0(1)SE or 15.0(2)SE.  If you want a stable IOS version, then use 12.2(55)SE6.

I've seen my fair share of CPU overutilization bugs and I've already ran out of egg nogs to mix into my rum.  So do yourself a favour and stay away from the code I've mentioned. 

I hope this'll help.

I was able to get out of the boot loop by doing a password reset procedure from the service console. It's nice to be able to get there through the parent router.

The reason I'm changing the IOS version is to try to get a version that works with CER 8.6. I have a TAC case open with CER support but they have been less than helpful. They are recommending that I change the IOS version but can't point me to the version I need to run.

I have 32MB of flash and 128 DRAM.

I'm looking at IOS files for the 3750G since when I try to enter NME-16ES-1G-P I keep getting 3560 code.

Errr ... Don't have any clue what CER 8.6 means, but I did a quick search on the Cisco website and the first one that popped up is Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 Release Notes.

I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my league here with this.  But if you scroll down to Table 5, it says that it's supported but there's no mention of an IOS version.

I'm still searching.

NOTE:  In this page, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the "Feedback" link.  Put your comment and grade the page.  The documentation team may not respond to your comments until 03 January 2013 but they sure are pretty quick (particularly when the score is low).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card