Views
Helpful
Replies

No Out going traffic on tunnel

rajput001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we have a network having one remote site with with routers using two different mpls provider for redandancy entire network running on EIGRP and we are also using GLBP on the LAN side of the remote site. Recently we discovered that one side on the remote site ( tunnel interface) having no out going traffic. can some one please advised what could be the possible issue.

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

What do the two routers' route tables show for same destination?

I believe that Joseph is on the right track. If the tunnel is coming up correctly but has no outgoing traffic then it is likely that there is no route in the routing table that sends traffic out through the tunnel.

Though there might be some other issues that would prevent outbound traffic such as an access list on the interface. So posting the configuration of the router might also be helpful, especially if it turns out that there are entries in the routing table pointing out the tunnel.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Frist of all Thank you Joseph and Rick for your response. I wil be very thankful if you can have a look on my attached configs.

Thanks.

sorry i correction very recently we replace RO-01 with the new cisco device in the previous devious we were connected to the FE interface where as after the migration we are using the Gig interface .

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/3

description -- MPLS 1--

bandwidth 100000

do you think does it make any difference and cause this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: