Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Ping ...!!!!!! from Switch

Hi All,

I have an issue with one of my switch ( 4500 series) .

Actual Scenario: 

--------------------

We have a server which has two interfaces and each assigned with an IP address ( in the range[10.49.8.132/27]) . Eth0 IP:10.49.8.135 and Eth1 IP:10.49.8.136 .  Eth0 is connected to Switch-A and Eth-1 is connected to Switch-B . When tried to ping Eth0 IP it is success from switch-A whereas Eth-1 is not a success. Now the same IP's are pingable from the other switch-B . I am not sure what might be wrong . Please advise .

Thanks,

Babjani.

10 Replies 10

Hi,

Can you please share your configurations. are you using any vlans in this switches

or default you are using ?

thanks

CRaju 

Hi Raju ,

Yes , we have vlans on both the switches . Here are the config files attached.

Thanks,

Babjani

Hi

I checked the config.. files looks good .

could you please give a try .

default gateway for your system to use Switch virtual interface  NOT HSRP Virtual ip address

I hope you understand my question . .

this is my mobile number 91+9618613678

Thanks

CRaju

HI

As I discussed.

If it is possible to try to upgrade your IOS Version to latest .

because both version are different .

cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SG5.bin

cat4000-i9k91s-mz.122-25.EWA5.bin

1.https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=279320804&softwareid=280805680&release=12.2.25-EWA&rellifecycle=ED&relind=DEFERRED&reltype=deferred/

2.https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=279636820&softwareid=280805680&release=15.0.2-SG5

Thanks

CRaju

Thank you Raju , will give it a try .

Hi

Your config looks fine, from what external source are you trying to ping it? is the 2nd NIC on the server configured with a gateway?

If they are on the same subnet they will be able to ping each other without gateway configured on the NICs. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio ,

Yes they are on the same subnet . Eth0 IP:10.49.8.135/27 and Eth1 IP:10.49.8.136/27 as mentioned earlier in the discussion . 

Thanks,

Babjani

Thank you, But Im referring if both NICs are configured with the gateway: 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio,

Yes ,both the servers are using the standby IP of HSRP as their gateway. I am pinging it from the switches only and not from any other source .

Hello

These switches seemed to be separate and not stacked or visualized

In a virtual stack link aggregation can span two switches as the server will see it a just one switch, However if the switch isnt "stacked" then the server connections need to be on the same switch in a link aggregation setup.(LACP) which I also don't see in you configuration.

I cannot comment on your server and its teaming software but having a server connected to two separate switches sharing the same address range and default-gateway and without any aggregation setup isnt really feasible.

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card