Views
Helpful
Replies

No valid license found after IOS upgrade on C3750x switch

Alex Hwang
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Two switches below are working fine as a stack with IOS c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE5.bin & ipbase license.

Switch#1 (Master, WS-C3750X-24P-S)
Switch#2 (Member, WS-C3750X-24P-S)

After IOS Upgrade to c3750e-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE7.bin, The stack was broken. Switch#2 didnā€™t recognise valid ipbase license with new IOS and came up with lanbase license instead. Therefore stack cannot be composed due to license mismatch between Switch#1 (ipbase) and switch#2(lanbase).

Iā€™m wondering why Switch#2 didnā€™t recognise ipbase license with new IOS even though IPASE is running well with previous IOS.

Here is excerpt from ā€œshow versionā€ with 15.x image on Switch#2.
License Level: lanbase
License Type: Default. No valid license found.
Next reload license Level: lanbase

Here is excerpt from ā€œshow versionā€ with 12.x image on Switch Stack.
License Level: ipbase
License Type: Permanent
Next reload license Level: ipbase

Thanks

Jeong

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Send an email to license@cisco.com with the S/N of your appliance.  They can re-issue the license.  

Hello,

I don't have a smart net contract and I want to request a license file for my switch WS-C2960X-48FPS-L because I have the same problem.

do you know if license@cisco.com are able to do it ?

Regards,
Hamza

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont see any other way except leo suggested.

You need to get the license back and apply it and only licensing team would be able to generate license for you.

Hello,

I don't have a smart net contract and I want to request a license file for my switch WS-C2960X-48FPS-L because I have the same problem.

do you know if license@cisco.com are able to do it ?

Regards,
Hamza

Alex Hwang
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys,

I have fixed the issue by configuring  'license boot level ipbase' on the member switch#2. The switch recognised IPBASE license well and joined the stack successfully.

Hi Alex,

Thank you fir your post.

We have the same problem.  What do you mean by configuring  'license boot level ipbase' ?

Romeo

Hi Romeo,

My aologies for the slow reply. When I consoled in the switch#2 and deployed that command (and perhaps reboot), the switch recognised the right license which is ipbase,

HTH

Alex 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card