cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not seeing multi-neighbor option for lldp command on cisco nexus 9000

akiran
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to enable lldp multi-neighbor support on Cisco Nexus 9000 series switch.

I am not seeing multi-neighbor option in the lldp command.

Why I am not seeinng multi-neighbor option in lldp command ? Does it mean I cannot have multiple neighbors from the same port ?

Do I have to move to a specific level of NX-OS to be able to see lldp multi-neighbor option ?

Switch is running NXOS version 9.2(3)

sw-cisco92300(config)# lldp ?
holdtime Specify the holdtime (in sec) to be sent in packets
portid-subtype Config portid subtype for LLDP TLV and SNMP MIBs
reinit Delay (in sec) for LLDP initialisation on any interface
timer Specify the rate at which LLDP packets are sent (in sec)
tlv-select Selection of LLDP to send

Software
BIOS: version 05.31
NXOS: version 9.2(3)

Hardware
cisco Nexus9000

4 Replies 4

I will check this in lab, update you soon

Beginning with Release 10.1(1), multiple LLDP neighbors per physical interface are supported on the following platforms:

• N9K-C93180YC-FX3S

• N9K-C93108TC-FX3P

• N9K-C93180YC-FX3

Thanks for your response and the details. The problem we are seeing in our lab is this :
We have LLDP deamon running on software which send LLDP packets and there is LLDP enabled on adapter firmware which also send LLDP packets. Cisco switch is only displaying one neighbor which has the information sent by the adapter firmware . We want both the neighbors (lldp deamon as well as adapter firmware) displayed on switch when we run "show lldp neighbors interface" command. DO you think this problem will be resolved if we move to 10.1(1) version and enable multi-neighbor setting ?

Hi @MHM Cisco World ,

Does this mean that on our Switch model which is N9K-C92300YC, there is no support for multiple LLDP neighbors ?
So , our switch model only can support one neighbour per physical interface ? Please confirm, so that we can plan our actions based on this. Thanks for all your timely assistance.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card