Views
Helpful
Replies

Novice - CLI for Cisco 887VA

masdesign1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Apologies in advance for what may appear to be an idiotic post... but i need a little help! I'm pretty good usually at working my way through things, but this time i've got stuck at the first hurdle!

I have a Cisco 887VA which i brought to go in an installation with a Cisco 2504 WLC. After the advice from Computer2000 who said it had a gui i thought 'I'm sure i'll be able to sort this!' but it appears that you have to first enable GUI (or upload the Cisco Configuration Professional Software) to the router?

So i've got my console cable plugged in, with a USB>Serial converter and PuTTY. Open up putty and connect through serial, COM3, it won't connect. Google a little bit and find a video on youtube where the guy connects through SSH to an AP. So, this time i change the settings on my network adapter (at this point i have CAT5 and Console cable plugged in), set the IP of my local machine to be 10.10.10.3 and the subnet as 255.255.255.0, go back to PuTTY and try and SSH into 10.10.10.1 - it's not having any of it!

Please could someone give me a few pointers in the right direction?

Thanks,

Josh

EDIT: I have now managed to get into the CLI (faulty Serial>USB cable), however i cant see how to program the DHCP server and assign the router an IP address so i can follow the guide here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_professional/guides/CiscoCPqsg.html

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card