Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-OS to IOS port channel suspended

Hi All

I have built a lab with some Nexus 3548s connected to 2 x Cisco 9300s and 2 x 9200Ls

I have use fiber on the uplinks with 1000 base SFPs 

I can establish a standard trunk connection however when Im on a the 9300 switch and I go to place it in a portchannel between the nexus

I lose connectivity and the physical ports go into suspended 

I have used channel group x mode active at both ends

Please help shed some light 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All

It seems on the 9000 series Cisco have decided to send them out as VTP mode Server as the default.

Once they were put into Transparent mode the port channels came up and were working 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello

you need check protocols used on both ends.

NX-OS: can be use - ON or LACP
IOS: can be use - ON, LACP, PAGP.
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Hi

I have the port-channels on Nexus end in VPCs and I am suing LACP Active/ Active both ends

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if this is vPC enviroment you need to add vPC number, since Cat 9300 connecting to different nexus switch.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have the port-channels on Nexus end in VPCs and I am suing LACP Active/ Active both ends 

share running config on both nexus and on IOS device for portchannel and member ports.

if config looks ok, check with mode on see if this port channel comes up?

When you config vPC that act as active / active, we would like to see config and port information how they connected.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi All

It seems on the 9000 series Cisco have decided to send them out as VTP mode Server as the default.

Once they were put into Transparent mode the port channels came up and were working 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco

Ā