Views
Helpful
Replies

NX9K Extended VLANs

zekebashi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have been trying to configure some extended VLANs on a  Nexus9000 93180YC-EX but with no luck. I need to create these two vlans 4089 and 4091, which are system reserved VLANs. We do have 2 NX5Ks where these VLANs were defied and are in production. Does anyone know how to create extended VLANs on the NX9Ks?

Thanks in advance,

~zK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to change the default reserved VLANs on the NX9K. This is how I was able to accomplish that:

1- Removed the existing reserved VLANs, which is a block of 128 vlan-ids (3968-4096)

2- Saved the config (copy running-config startup-config/ wr)

3- Reloaded the switch (this is a must do step)

4- Specified a new block of 128 (I specified this range 3771-3898)

5- Reloaded the switch (this is a must do step) 

Thanks for your input everyone!

Here are the commands I used:

show vlan internal usage
no system vlan 3968 reserved
wr
reload

sh vlan internal us
system vlan 3771 reserved
wr
reload

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you tried below :

• The no system vlan vlan-id reserve command changes the range for reserved VLANs to the default range of 3968-4095 after the device is reloaded.

• Use the show system vlan reserved command to verify the range of the current and future reserved VLAN ranges.

this guide for reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/layer2/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Layer_2_Switching_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Layer_2_Switching_Configuration_Guide_7x_ch...

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, I've tried that but that sill didn't work.

Can you post the output which requested to see what you have in the configuration.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

Not so sure you can utilize the internal Vlans? - My understanding you cannot do this. and when you apply no system vlan xx internal reserve it will just default back to the original internal range 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I was able to change the default reserved VLANs on the NX9K. This is how I was able to accomplish that:

1- Removed the existing reserved VLANs, which is a block of 128 vlan-ids (3968-4096)

2- Saved the config (copy running-config startup-config/ wr)

3- Reloaded the switch (this is a must do step)

4- Specified a new block of 128 (I specified this range 3771-3898)

5- Reloaded the switch (this is a must do step) 

Thanks for your input everyone!

Here are the commands I used:

show vlan internal usage
no system vlan 3968 reserved
wr
reload

sh vlan internal us
system vlan 3771 reserved
wr
reload

Thanks for the feedback and the steps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card