cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Object groups on Nexus 5000 series

aweise
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen some online command references documents that explicitly say how to create an object group for hosts/ports to be part of an ACL. However, the command "object-group" isn't available on my 5K platform. I'm running a Nexus 56128, version 7.1(4)N1(1).

I've also seen some old community forum posts that say while the command is in the documentation, it's not actually supported by the 5K platform. Does anyone know if this is still the case with the Nexus 5000 series?

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can only confirm its definitely not on that version as im running it too or on v6 on our older software 5ks , it may be in future releases but I cant be sure of that without checking with TAC or Cisco acc manager , at the moment it definitely does not look to be supported as I cant even put the command in  , ive checked layer 3 and layer 2 5ks ,5548s and 5596s

its definitely on my 7ks syntax is there alright

(config)# object-group ?
  ip    IP Object groups
  ipv6  IPv6 Object groups

(config)# do sh ver | i 6.2.16
  kickstart: version 6.2(16)
  system:    version 6.2(16)
  kickstart image file is: bootflash:///n7000-s1-kickstart-npe.6.2.16.bin

I just got an update from TAC...they tell me it's a bug in the documentation.  :)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13108466/nexus-5600-object-group-support

Object groups on the 5Ks aren't supported until NX-OS version 7.3(X). Since we're on a 7.2 version, we don't have the capability.

The latest stable is 7.1(4). No object-groups Cisco? The Nexus is the least functional platform I have worked with. My ACL I need to write could be 2 lines. Now it is going to be about 60 lines.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card