cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

OER Configured Active Probes

Hello,

I've configured my router as you can see in attahement (the same router is master and border). X.X.X.X is my router's Lo0 ip address, A.B.C.D/24 is my configured prefix and A.B.C.E is a host in A.B.C.D/24 network.

I'd like to see my configured active probe when I type the command 'show oer master active-probes'. But the list is empty. Could you tell me why?

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

Re: OER Configured Active Probes

Hello,

Did you have active traffic traversing your Border Routers when you issued show oer master active-probes? The BRs need to learn of traffic before probes will be created.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Steve Lyons - Cisco

Beginner

Hello Steve,

No, I haven't actual traffic. If I understand you correctly, I can't see my configured active probes in the output of 'show oer master active-probes' before traffic is transmitted. Is it true?

Beginner

Hello,

You will need traffic to see the probes. I would also recommend actual TCP and UDP traffic.  Once you have traffic then you can issue "show oer master active-probes force - which details manually configured probes, and "show oer master traffic active-probes application - which details automatically created probes.

Best Regards,

Steve Lyons - Cisco

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards