Views
Helpful
Replies

One device having difficult pinging 3750

djrampage7
Level 1
Level 1

here is our enviornment:

Windows 2012 R2 Standard virtual machine running vsphere hosts running vsphere 5.5.

Connected to a Cisco 3750x Stack

Connected to a Cisco ASA 5520

right now, all the virtual machines are running on one host.   All virtual machines are on the same VLAN.

There is one virtual machine that is having trouble sending external requests to the internet.   Here's what I've tried so far:

I can ping the internal interface of the ASA.

I CANNOT ping the switch from the server

I can ping the server from the switch.

I cannot ping an external address (i.e. 8.8.8.8)

i cannot ping other vlans from the server

I can connect to the server when I'm on teh same vlan, and machines that are accessing the server via site to site vpn can access the server as well, but that's about it.

the the other virtual machines on the same vlan and on the same vswitch can ping other vlans, access the internet, etc.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

2 Replies 2

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Have you checked that the server has correct ip configuration(subnet mask, gateway). What is the mac address of the server and how many devices know about this mac address?

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

We figured this out.  A vendor installed LogMeIn Hamachi, which created another network connection with a default gateway.  Disabling the network connection resolved the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card