cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One L3 DISTRO Dropping Packets, Second L3 DISTRO is Clean

dewey89
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a strange delay issue on one of our L3 switches used as a DISTRO.  Distro 2 doesn't show these issues, but 1 does.

Using a continuous ping from Distro1 out to devices in each VLAN I get one dropped packet after about 20-21 good ones.  Distro2 doesn't exhibit this.

When I ping from the devices back to the Distro I don't see dropped packets, but I see latency in a regular pattern.  All pings would complete in 1ms except the one that takes 4-5ms.  See pattern below.

I've searched for routing loops, but don't see any.  What else would cause this behavior?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Replies 2

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

To me it looks like drops show a pattern .. ie. drop is always after certain replies. 

are there any port-channels? looks like port-channel issue to me .. 

Yes, this is a standard collapsed core with two L3 switches connected to nine access switches and a TB out to the WAN.  There is a 2GIG port channel between L3 devices.  What port-channel issues cause this?  I really haven't heard of problems like this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card