Views
Helpful
Replies

optimize traffic

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

hello

suppose we have a company with 100 PC and 1 LL (2M) connection to internet.

50 PC are connecting to an external public web server that displays to all 50PC the same dynamic table.

so there are 50 simultenous connections to the same server just to obtain the same dynamic page. is there a way to optimize this traffic so that just one server makes connection to the public web server and then distributes the containing to the 50PC.

5 Replies 5

msubtain
Level 1
Level 1

If you talking about saving bandwidth or faster content access, then run any caching solution in you network, MS ISA server is one of them.

Muhammad

rate the post if it helps

using caching can give user an old web page. howevwer in my case the page is dynamic and is changing every 5 seconds.

so i think caching can not acheive such objective. what do you think?

Yes it really depends on circumstances, you can custmise ISA sever further to act the way as you want in terms of caching dynamic content and expiration of the content

I suggest you to download the trial for the latest version of ISA 2006 Standard from Microsoft website, which gives you 180 Days to run, see if its suitable for your needs.

Muhammad

Hi,

As this is a Cisco forum maybe you want to consider the relevant Cisco products?

Have a look at the WAE-512:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6474/prod_bulletin0900aecd80483a40.html

Also, there is a router network module that runs ACNS sofwtare as follows:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_data_sheet09186a008010fb9f.html

The Cisco products have more features and offer far better control of content than the MS ISA software.

HTH

Andrew.

kamal-learn
Level 4
Level 4

hi

cisco content networking solution can come to the help.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card