Views
Helpful
Replies

Outdoor switches, no cooling

netone.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Our company is deploying switches in outdoor environments, under the sun inside another vendors "closed rack". The racks provide no cooling and first deployments of switches show temperatures peaking 46-50ºC.

Are there any switches with features similar to 3560  for use in high temperatures?

Thanks

Mario Pinho

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco makes a whole line of industrial Ethernet switches that are designed to operate at higher temps.

Here is a link to the 3010 line but hey have several others you can look into as well just go to switches, view all, industrial.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco makes a whole line of industrial Ethernet switches that are designed to operate at higher temps.

Here is a link to the 3010 line but hey have several others you can look into as well just go to switches, view all, industrial.

Hi Gregory,

I stumbled across 2955 before but was looking for L3. This category its a bit hidden but I managed to find it.

Thanks very much.

Regards

Mario

Hi Mario,

2955 is not hidden.  It's under the "End-of-Sale" category.  IE3010 is your answer. 

Hi leolaohoo,

I researched and could not find official 2955 EOS/EOL document. Are you maybe confusing with 2950?

What I mean by hidden is you can't find it on the initial switches page, you have to go to "all switches" to find "Industrial" category.

Mario Pinho

I researched and could not find official 2955 EOS/EOL document. Are you maybe confusing with 2950?

I didn't research properly.  Looks like the 2955 is still available.  Odd.

What I mean by hidden is you can't find it on the initial switches page, you have to go to "all switches" to find "Industrial" category.

For the 2955, I just entered http://www.cisco.com/go/2955.

Message was edited by: Leo Laohoo == What I meant to say is "the 2955 is still available"

Hi leolaohoo,

2950 - normal switch -  EOS/EOL

2955 - industrial switch - Not EOS/EOL (although it may be soon)

Thanks for the /go/ tip I sometimes forget it.

Regards

Mario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card