Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet drop CLIs on Catalyst 3K and 9K switches

Hi,

Do we have a CLI or CLIs to display all packet drops because of forwarding (like L2/L3 related errors, ACL Drops etc) in the Catalyst Switch family. I am not looking at qos/queuing drops as such. Looking for more of forwarding drops. 

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can use "show controllers cpu-interface" to see the drops for L2/L3. For ACL, you can use "show access-list" command to see the access-list and number of packets hit per ACL Statement.

I am assuming this is for control plane packet drops, I am looking for datapath packet drops. 

Yes your are right, it is showing packets send to CPU for processing.

you can also take help from show interface gi0/0 as an example. It can show total drops on the interface but for troubleshooting purpose, that might not be very helpful if you are digging down a drop for some connection.

I believe ACL with logging will be helpful to use for troubleshooting purpose on the L3 Gateway or on core switch if terminates L3 connection

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco