Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer 2.1.1.5 Ping Request could not find host. cisco.com

I've attempted to complete this twice now and I get the same result that it is unable to find host cisco.com. I even backtracked my steps and thought I put in wrong numbers or missed a crucial misspelling...

37 Replies 37

Hello,

post the Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file (ZIP it first, otherwise the system won't let you upload it)...

Hi

I'm new in the academy and I have the same problem , But I didn't get what you mean by (post the project) ? should I ZIP it and upload it in the netacad site? if yes then how to do it please?

I have the same problem. This is my .pkt

Hello,

the DHCP settings on the wireless router had specified the wong DNS server IP address. I have changed the IP address to 208.67.220.220, working file is attached. Both clients can now ping cisco.com.

I have tested the file you uploaded and it doesn't seem to be able to ping cisco.srv

Hello,

cisco.srv is not reachable because there is no A reord. I added an A record to the server...

@Georg Pauwen tx for the trace. I used it to compare my own simple network in v8.2.0.0162. I even rebuilt mine using yours as a template, and I cannot get the router to pick up the dhcip from the server. I then removed the cloud and modem to rule them out, same thing. See attached, any suggestions?

SimpleNetwork_PackeetTracer.jpg

i keep on getting host name not find

Hello,

I've got the same problem with pinging cisco.srv

Can you help, please?

I have followed all the directions to a tee, twice, and still cannot get a ping back from the cisco.com server.

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

I am facing the same problem, please help.

Hello,

in the original post, the DHCP server on the wireless router was handing out the wrong IP address of the DNS server to the clients. Make sure the correct IP address is entered into the DNS server field in the DHCP server settings of that wireless router...

lyoncbe07
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, please help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card