Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer 2.1.1.5-Request Timed Out ping Cisco.com

I'm new to Packet Tracer and I followed the instructions for the Intro to Packet Tracer course but I cannot for the life of me get a ping from Cisco.com - it says Request Timed Out. I am using the instructions at 2.1.1.5 Packet Tracer - Create a Simple Network Using Packet Tracer.pdf (netacad.com)

I have used the WRT300N Router with the straight through cable but I am still not having any luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the IP address used for cisco.com in the resource record is 208.67.220.200, this needs to be 208.67.220.220.

I have changed the address, and cisco.com now gets resolved from the PC.

Working file attached.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Hello,

the IP address used for cisco.com in the resource record is 208.67.220.200, this needs to be 208.67.220.220.

I have changed the address, and cisco.com now gets resolved from the PC.

Working file attached.

Agh! Thank you so much. I had been through all the settings so many times but missed that typo completely!

Thanks once again - what an awesome and helpful community!

Hi there, im having the same issue. I have read your way to fix it, but i do not know how to do that?

thanks 

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

How do I do this?

Hello,

you can attach files to your post (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach) below.

You need to ZIP the .pkt file first (using 7-ZIP or WinZip).

sorry, i mean i dont know what to attach or how to find it/ im doing the beginner course but very confused right now. 

Hello,

when you save your project, give it a name, the file should look like 'filename.pkt. That is the file you need to ZIP and attach.

I hope this is what you mean? 

thanks.

Im going off packet tracer 2.1.1.4 

Hello,

I can open the file, so that worked. However, there is nothing configured (except for an IP address on the PC). What are you trying to accomplish ?

Hi I have this problem too, can you help me ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: