cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer 5.2.2.7 for Routing and Switching Essentials Error

bakerman001
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to find a contact method for you to report this without having to use a message board, but netacad does not have a "contact us" button that I can find. 

In 5.2.2.7 lab for port security, the user needs to configure security on 2 ports to drop packets and provide no notification according to the instructions. However, it will grade "protect" mode incorrect and will only accept "restrict" mode, which does just that but also logs. It would be helpful to the student if you could clarify the instructions to direct to the intended mode or make either mode a correct answer. 

5 Replies 5

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @bakerman001 ,

I have reviewed the activity and I think you are referring to this item:

d. Set the violation so that Fast Ethernet ports 0/1 and 0/2 are not disabled when a violation occurs, but packets of unknown origin are discarded.

The protect violation mode comes by default when enabling port-security, so the only possible modification that meets the request is to change the violation mode to restrict.

If your instruction manual says something different in this item, please attach it to check.

Regards

That doesn’t seem correct. Doesn’t port security default to shutdown when it is enabled? I’m pretty sure that’s the case, which means the user would have to change to protect or to restrict. Based on the wording of the instructions, protect would be the most correct option. However, due to the ambiguity of the instructions, either is correct. If the intent is to have the user go to restrict, the instructions should include directions to the mode that logs violations. Because there is no specification, and the only difference between restrict and protect is logging, it would be in the educational best interest of the student to clarify the instructions.

Hi @bakerman001 ,

About the default mode, you are absolutely right, my mistake.

You are also right that the requirement should be more specific, especially if working with pka.

Regards

Math teacher background... I've had to throw out test questions for less :)

I just wanted to make someone aware, as, like I said before, there isn't a
contact button in Netacad. The info is relayed; what is done with it is out
of my hands.

Thanks for the reply.

Best Regards

Brandon

Hi @bakerman001 ,

I suggest you raise your case in this link:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/help

They can possibly help you.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card