Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet tracer bridge and IOT

Hi.. I have connected my PC to my packet tracer instance via ptbridge using https://github.com/andiwand/ptbridge.

I can ping from outside world to inside world.

In my packet tracer environment I have a wireless router and few IOT devices connected to it. The ssid of that router is Default.

In outside world I have a Lynksys wireless router (internet enabled) connected to my laptop and PC via DHCP having SSID: linksys.

From my laptop I can ping the IOT devices inside Packet tracer environment. But now I want to see if it is possible or not somehow to connect my IOT devices to linksys router rather than the one which is inside packet tracer with SSID: Default. or Outside world devices like my laptop and PC to have dhcp address from Inside world router with SSID: Default rather than linksys router.

The reason behind the same is : Like I can ping from my laptop to IOT devices inside packet tracer I now want to connect my amazon Echo device to this network. Since the IOT devices are connected to router inside packet tracer I can not add those devices under Amazon echo and thus I need either my outside world devices to get connected to Default router or inside world devices to get connected to linksys router. 

Please Help as i am a master thesis student and stuck at this point since long now.

Thanks and Regards,

Prateek manocha

1 Reply 1

Alsaeed10
Level 1
Level 1

How did you connect from your PC to packet tracer.?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card