cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Help for Pings

JoshBar75473
Level 1
Level 1

Im having difficulties pinging the pc's to the Server and the WAN. Pings are either timed out or a host unreachable. If its able to be explained that would help alot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

what are the requirements for this network ? To start out, you are using the same address space (192.168.10.0/24) on all routers and switches. This completely messes up your routing. On some of the switches, the default gateway is set to 192.168.10.1, an IP address I cannot find anywhere.

In short, your design is flawed and needs a complete makeover. What is the IP address scheme based on ?

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
hi
Not everyone on the site has PK , if you post the .cfg files though the configs themselves, it will give more users a chance to assist and see what the issue is to help you, it may speed up your query

okay, im not sure exactly how to do that. Im pretty new to networking

Hello,

what are the requirements for this network ? To start out, you are using the same address space (192.168.10.0/24) on all routers and switches. This completely messes up your routing. On some of the switches, the default gateway is set to 192.168.10.1, an IP address I cannot find anywhere.

In short, your design is flawed and needs a complete makeover. What is the IP address scheme based on ?

m sorry, im pretty new to networking.

would you be willing to explain the changes that should be made?

Will do...it will take a few minutes though...

any updates or success on the pings?

Is there a requirement as to how many switches and routers you are supposed to use ?

the topology should remain as it is. If anything more routers or switches could be added, but none should be removed

Hello,

in that case it will take a while longer to reconfigure everything...I'll send the revised version over when it is finished...

Thank you! 

Hello,

the problem is that some of your routers do not have any routes at all. Since static routing is very tedious, I am configuring a dynamic routing protocol (EIGRP/OSPF) on all routers...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card