cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Help

Ali Dena
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know is it possible to use a server to connect two switches?

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 10.34.36 PM.jpeg
Can I use Server to connect two networks or is it not possible. Kindly help me it is I can't get my head around it
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ali,

You want to have the PCs from one end to have reachability to PCs on the other end? And that data going through the server? I'm not sure if such is possible, if the server is capable of forward traffic in such manners.

Maybe what you are looking for, is to have a switch instead of the server? Or a router, if the PCs belong to different broadcast domains.

Thank you.

Marin Grabovschi

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

just like in the real world, the only way I can see how this would work is by adding a second NIC to the server, as in the attached sample file...

I actually wanted to ask if the PCs from switch0 can ping the PCs from Switch1 because I've implemented it and I am getting request timed out

Hello Ali,

You want to have the PCs from one end to have reachability to PCs on the other end? And that data going through the server? I'm not sure if such is possible, if the server is capable of forward traffic in such manners.

Maybe what you are looking for, is to have a switch instead of the server? Or a router, if the PCs belong to different broadcast domains.

Thank you.

Marin Grabovschi

Yeah This is what I was trying to clarify thanks for helping 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card