Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Help

Hello,

I am an instructor for the US Army. I am redesigning the routing and switching course as we speak. I have ran into a few issues with Packet Tracer 8.0. and any help would be great.

issue 1: once i created a lab in PT i want to lock the devices down. example.hide the GUI tab, Hide the CLI tab things like this.

i make all the changes and password protect it. Save the PKT file, then open it on another work station all the changes i made to hide the tabs are back to default... Am i missing something? We have a cloud server that we have all the labs and the students open them from the cloud.

issue 2: in PT 8.0, toolbar, options, then view command log...

it show all the commands that i used to make the labs. is there a way to stop this or hide it?

i hope i did not confuse everyone.

thank you

Jon

2 Replies 2

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Regarding password for PT file, look under Preferences , then Admin tab, there is a password settings.

you have 2 possibility to modify your pt file project/lab.  Option 1 is under Preferences , then Admin tab; 2 is called PT activity file or project but it is not the same as regular saved pt file. file extension is called pka vs pkt.  Open PT, Go to Extensions , then click on Activity Wizard.

to find out more, go and do course about PT and watch videos to https://www.netacad.com/

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

thank you i will try this. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card