cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

packet tracer icons not found

nejones61
Level 1
Level 1

I have the latest packet tracer installed, and the icons in the selection space are fine, but when I try to put one into the workspace, the text indicator is correct but the image of the device shows a black square and red text "file not found."I have uninstalled, removed all files and folders, stripped the registry, rebooted and reinstalled, and I still get the same thing. The art is in a folder, but the program doesn't seem to be able to find it.packet tracer icon.png

24 Replies 24

Thank you Quinn. I found this thread, and your PowerShell rename suggestion did the trick nicely. Thank you for the tip.
Jason

Thanks for the solution. It worked nicely.

Mihail OLARU

That was a quick painless fix. Thank yoy Quinn.

Ok just to confirm that  the solution you offered worked for me..Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the solution you provided on this trend. I came upon it after having the same issue on my machine. I saw your solution worked for some people here, but I'm having some errors while running it on my machine. Below is the error I'm getting from PowerShell:

At line:1 char:116
+ ... rt\Workspace\Logical\*.png' | Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name - replace ...
+ ~
You must provide a value expression following the '-' operator.
At line:1 char:117
+ ... pace\Logical\*.png' | Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name - replace "@2X"," ...
+ ~~~~~~~
Unexpected token 'replace' in expression or statement.
+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExpectedValueExpression

Can you help?

Hello Charles,

I'm not positive but I think toward the end of your syntax there is a space that just needs to be removed between "- replace".

It should look like this. Good luck brother. Jason

{$_.name -replace "@2X",""

Thanks! 

I actually went into that folder (Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0\art\Workspace\Logical) and deletes "@2X"  from the suffixes of all files that have it and it worked for me.

Very nice, it worked very well

The IQ is extraordinary mental superiority, works perfectly, thanks.

hamiltonmateus
Level 1
Level 1

Any solution for Mac OS users?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card