cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Linux font unreadable

Davidkj
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to read any information text running packet tracer in Kubuntu. Can't see the settings to try to change it either (I ran it on windows and was still unable to find a setting to change)

Screenshot_20181102_131404.pngScreenshot_20181102_131417.pngScreenshot_20181102_131509.png

5 Replies 5

Hello,

you might be missing a library file. How did you install PT ? Have a look at the link below...

http://www.christospanoudis.com/how-to-install-packet-tracer-7-1-in-linux-and-resolve-any-dependency-issues/

I installed with a different "guide" online before. I started over and followed that one, but the same issue persists. I went through the table at the end of his article and tried individual packages, but no change. Any other thoughts?

carljustinecruz
Level 1
Level 1

I ran across this problem a while ago. My workaround for this is if I'm gonna use packet tracer, I'll change the COLORS not the theme to Breeze-Light so the font would be black not white since the color i was on was Aritim-Dark which has the font set as white.

Hope this helps for you as well!

Thanks you so much. This helped me with my install of PT on Manjaro KDE

Did you set them manually on the global theme every time you needed to open packet tracer?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card