Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Network Issues

Hello, I am fairly unfamiliar with packet tracer and I am having an issue with my file. I can get my routers to ping end to end except for my Site 2 Router (as seen in the file). This router is the only one that doesn't ping end to end as it doesn't ping to Datacenter Routers 2, 3, and 4. I also have the issue of my PCs not being able to ping end to end as I need them to so I can implement network security features. I also have no idea what my default gateway would be either. I've attached a picture of my network for reference in order to help with debugging possibly.

- Help with pinging Routers end to end.

- Help finding default gateway.

- Help with pinging PCs end to end.

**EDIT 4-9-21 8:38AM:

I got within sites to work (Site 1 PC1 pings to Site 1 PC2), but it doesn't ping end to end (Site 1 PC to Site 4 PC, etc.). I also have now uncovered an issue with my Site 2 router where it is the only router that doesn't ping end-to-end. How would I fix these problems?

- PC end-to-end ping.

- Site 2 router end-to-end ping.

5 Replies 5

Hello,

don't be scared, but every single device in your network is misconfigured. What are the IP address requirements of your topology ?

Is there a text file that describes what you are suposed to do ?

Yes there is. I've attached it here.

Hello,

attached the reworked file with end to end connectivity. As stated, each single device was misconfigured. Compare your original file with the one I sent. The most important things are:

--> PCs need to have the proper default gateway

--> the layer 2 switches can have only one active Vlan interface, for management

--> you cannot have duplicate subnets on different routers

Martin L
VIP
VIP

My initial look, in case of Ping site 1 to site 2, several routers do not have route to 172.69.41.40,  i.e Site 2 router and Datacenter routers.  maybe some issues with ospf as some configs appear to be in wrong places (no ip address but ip ospf 1 area 0)

this will require more time and coffee ....

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

after fixing ospf (hint in my previous post), DC router 1 must have ARP clear, so there is something else wrong.  One of servers has wrong IP address.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card