Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Question

Mannie709
Level 1
Level 1

network.PNG

Hello Community,

I have Four sites connected together, each site is at a different location. So my problem is I'm trying to connect the routers together but I don't know what to do, I have router on a stick for each site and my goal is to have computers from each site being able to ping each other. I haven't worked with Routers with Firewalls and the cloud so i have no idea what to do, I tried OSPF and the switches can ping the routers but no computers, I also have vlans set up so im thinking that may be way ( G0/1.1, G0/1.2, G0/1.3) from router to switch. Any suggestions of guides would be very appreciated.

unknown.png

11 Replies 11

Hello,

post the Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file. ZIP it first, otherwise the system won't let you upload it...

Did I do it right ?

Hello,

OSPF is a good choice, although if you have never used it, it might be a bit tedious to implement...

I removed OSPF and instead used EIGRP, so all routers and PCs can now reach each other. That said, is OSPF a requirement ?

Revised and working config is attached...

Hey Georg, 

No its not a requirement, but thanks alot, I've been trying figure out how to get that working for the last 5 hours, very appreciated. Also I've completed CCNA 1-4 and haven't really used firewalls or cloud,  so I dont know how to configure those. Is it possible to get ISP connection from the cloud ?

Thanks, 

Liam

Hello,

right now you are 'circumventing' the firewalls, that is, the firewalls are not part of your active network. If you want to configure the firewalls and integrate them into your network, keep in mind that the default for a firewall is to block everything, so anything you want to let through, you need to explicitly configure. That said, what is the requirement for the firewalls, are they supposed to be in front of your routers ?

Hello,

There's no information about the requirements for this, all I was asked was to create a working packet tracer for the four locations, they should be able to ping each other and have connectivity to the internet. I going to implement NAT pools right now but still need to figure out how to configure the cloud and to answer your question about the firewalls they have to be in the design, I put them between the router and cloud because that's what I've learned about in school. Any guidance would be very appreciated. 

Hey Georg, 

No its not a requirement, but thanks a lot, I've been trying figure out how to get that working for the last 5 hours, very appreciated. Also I've completed CCNA 1-4 and haven't really used firewalls or cloud,  so I don't know how to configure those. Is it possible to get ISP connection from the cloud ?

Thanks, 

Liam

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why dont you take some ofthe complexity away and start with getting 2 sites to work usi g ospf. Then expand.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I made this post twice some how but i got help after he told me to use EIGRP instead. The only problem I have now is configuring the cloud and the firewalls, cant seem to find anything on the internet.

Hello,

I have made some additional changes to your topology. In order to connect the ASA through the cloud to the Internet, you need a DSL modem between the ASA and the cloud. I have configured ASA4 (the top ASA in your topology) with basic access (everything is allowed), added the DSL modem, an ISP router, and a webserver. I also added a static default route to your GeorgeTown router, so all clients on the GeorgeTown segment can access the webserver.

You can configure the other ASAs in a similar fashion...feel free to ask more questions if needed...

Would it be possible I can add you on discord or skype and we talk on there?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: