Views
Helpful
Replies

PAgP Error

sivam siva
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

does any one can help the below PAgp error ?

please tell me why its happening ,and what is the meaning of this.

PAgP: Gi0/1 failed - incompatible partner group_cap: Old 268566529, New 131073

PAgP: Gi0/1 action_a10 is entered

PAgP: Gi0/1 action_a7 is entered

PAgP: Gi0/1 action_a1 is entered

please find the below output 

PAGP err.PNG

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is a beginning step to see the error messages. They clearly indicate that some incompatibility exists between the two ends. To understand what the issue is and to be able to make suggestions about how to solve it we need to see the configurations of the physical interfaces and the port channels on both ends of the connection.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello

@Richard Burts

very thanks for your reply 

this is just a testing output,

I know the exact mistake what i made.I configured channel group 1 in SW1 and SW2 and SW3.

then i connected  SW1--SW2  (with the ports configured "channel-group 1 mode desi " command on both side ),,

SW1--SW3 (with the ports configured "channel-group 1 mode desi " command on both side ). 

SW1 and SW2 formed ether channel correctly , I got this error output in SW3.

so here SW1 is bundling the ports in group 1  with SW2&SW3 , i know i configured like a foolish, because SW1 can't make same channel group with  different switches,

but i just want to do this for troubleshoot purpose in the future.

so error is telling something incompatibility issue,that i can understand , but i dont know what is   "gropu_cap : old 11323 New 1234124 , action_a7 , action_a10, action_a1."

Thanks for the clarification that you already know what mistake caused this error. I agree that it would be nice to understand the other error messages. Unfortunately I do not have much insight into that. It would appear that group_cap is some variable that is calculated in evaluating the neighbor relationship on the channel group. I am not sure what are actions a1, a7, and a10 and from the way that they repeat I would guess that a7 and a10 have to do with dropping and attempting to restart the channel group negotiation. Perhaps someone else in the community who does have insight into this may jump into the discussion.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you very much for your reply @Richard Burts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card