Pair of Nexus 7010 - Randomly drop packets for certain SRC/DST IP when create new VLAN
We have a pair of NEXUS 7010, version 6.0(2), in a hybrid enviroment, connect to VPC and non-VPC access switches.
We use VTP version 2, I have checked carefully on every switches , they run the same version, same domain with same password.
We tried to creat a vlan by issuing command "vlan name" on 1 of the Nexus 7010
Right after the vlan command entered:
- From syslog server I received this on ALL port channels
%ETHPORT-3-IF_ERROR_VLANS_SUSPENDED: VLANs 63 on Interface port-channel9 are being suspended. (Reason: Vlan is not allowed on Peer-link)
- The new VLAN I just created is not populated on the 2nd Nexus or the rest of the switches
- The whole network randomly drop connections by Source/Destination IP address. Not every workstations lost network connections.
For example: We have a subnet that has 200 computers, about 70 of them lost connectivity as soon as I created the VLAN. You can’t even ping SOME of them from the same layer2 subnet. All those 70 didn’t respond to ping from a difference VLAN.
- I tried to restart Secondary VPC – Nexus 1, that brought back about 30 of the workstations. I can ping them from same vlan and difference vlans
- I then restarted Primary VPC – NEXUS 2, brought all workstations back online.
- This happened to multiple VLAN and subnet with multiple computers , not just 1 VLAN above.
Listen: https://smarturl.it/CCRS8E37Follow us: twitter.com/ciscochampionSometimes, situations require temporary fixes. Sometimes, the network becomes an afterthought in overall office design and planning. In either situation, it may require netw...
In this special edition of the Insider Series, we hear from Cisco partners who have taken steps to be more eco-friendly and sustainable. We hear what inspires ASHRAE, Southwire, Igor, and NTT to create a workplace that is centered around people and how th...
We know that the Type-1 LSA describes the link type connected to the router, the neighbor router and the subnet number.In this topology, assume we dont have a Type-2 LSA, so each router will create its own Type-1 LSA, the Type-1 LSA will describe the neig...
Here are some commonly asked questions and answers to help with your adoption of Cisco DNA Center Wireless. Subscribe to this post to stay up-to-date with the latest Q&A and recommended Ask the Experts (ATXs) sessions to attend.
Q. I have a Cisco Appl...
Why IETF changed and inverted OSPF Type-7 LSA VS Type-5 LSA election In RFC 3101 compared to OLD RFC 1587?Many people learns that the Type-7 LSA and Type-5 election (ON Versus OE routes) depends on RFC 3101 for NSSA published in 2003 and RFC 1587 for NSSA...