Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Performance routers 7603, 6509 and ASR 1000

Hi all,

I need test the performance of routers 7603, 6509 and ASR 1000. Please let me known:
- How many maximum routes can learn of these three routers?
- How many total throughput can maximum transmission?
- Do the routers support ASN 4 bytes?

Thanks,

19 Replies 19

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If this is a new deployment then don't waste your time on older devices like the 7603 or 6509.

The performance on an ASR1000x-x is whatever performance licence you pay for.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/models-comparison.html

Jump to the section on "Cisco ASR 1000 Series Enterprise Applications" if you just want some top line maximum numbers.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/datasheet-c78-731632.html

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your response. Our system is small. We are looking reform our system network. Please provide for me information about devices 7603 and 6509.

Thanks, 

Do you already own either a 7603 or a 6509?

What do you actually need the devices to do?

We haven't decided which the devices to use. We are researching features about cisco 7603 and 6059. We want to use cisco 7603 or 6509 make PE for our network, it will peer BGP with upstreams. We want the device to withstand 2 to 5Gbps bandwith, get about a million routes and support 4-byte ASN. Can these devices withstand  this amount bandwith, routes and support 4-byte ASN.

Let me repeat this again - do not deploy old devices like 7603 or 6509 in new networks.  Why would you want to deploy old devices like this - or are you buying second hand kit?

You should be looking at the ASR family (and perhaps metro Ethernet switches like the ME3800) if you are a service provider.

Hi philip,

We want to reuse existing equipment.

Thanks,

Hi Philip,

With the above requirements, Can the Cisco 7603 or 6509 meet the requirements? We know these devices are older. We want to use it temporatily and are considering for newer devices.

Thanks,  

I don't recall exactly when ASN 4 byte support got added.  If you are running 15.x code you should be fine.

Hi Philip

Thanks for your support and information.

Thanks,

Hi Philip,

Sorry for the bother, I would like to ask more detail, what the version of ios 15.x that we can use and type of card that be plugged to meet the above requirements?

Thanks

Which supervisor engine have you got in your 6509 and 7603?

Hi Philip,

We use supervisor engine 720.

Hi Philip

Thank for your information. Please recommend us version ios 15.x can use? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card