Views
Helpful
Replies

PfR static route

farshid_sh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

my question is how can i configure static routes to be inserted in IGP process, with oer process?

thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

smehrnia
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Farshid,

this is a configuration you have to do on the OER Border routers.

you simply configure the static route which is in the oer process pointing to the external interface, then u should write a route-map with a match clause of tag 5000 - default value used with OER - and set the metric to a value less than 1.

if the default tag value to 5000 is changed within OER or is assigned to another routing process, u should consider that.

example (on OER border) :

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 fa0/1 <---- (external interface)

route-map TEST permit 10

match tag 5000

set metric -10

router ospf 1

redistribute static route-map TEST subnets

Hope it Helps,

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

smehrnia
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Farshid,

this is a configuration you have to do on the OER Border routers.

you simply configure the static route which is in the oer process pointing to the external interface, then u should write a route-map with a match clause of tag 5000 - default value used with OER - and set the metric to a value less than 1.

if the default tag value to 5000 is changed within OER or is assigned to another routing process, u should consider that.

example (on OER border) :

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 fa0/1 <---- (external interface)

route-map TEST permit 10

match tag 5000

set metric -10

router ospf 1

redistribute static route-map TEST subnets

Hope it Helps,

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

thank you soroush, do u have a resource regarding performance routing?

regards.

sure, here it is:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t8/feature/guide/gt_oer1.html

HTH

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

so guys I have a quick question.  I recently just tested PFR and I forced a lot of traffic over a low bandwidth link and it injected a static route into the border router.  So after that traffic stopped for over an hour, the static route from PFR is still in the routing table of the border router.  How do you make that static route go away or what is the timeout on it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: