cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ping Pbroblem in 4948 switch

wajid dabir
Level 1
Level 1

In my setup , i have one core switch 4506, 3750 access switches and 4948 server switch.i have created the mngmt VLAN in every switch.the problem is i can ping the every device mngmt ip from any internal network,but my server switch mngmt ip i am not able to ping.trunk link is configure between the core and server,access switches.

What is the problem with 4948 switch?

7 Replies 7

graham smart
Level 1
Level 1

Everything got a default gateway?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-Graham
Please note: My comments are simply suggestions. I cannot be held liable for any loss of data, life or marbles due to following my instructions.

Got a website? Need some live chat software?

No,i have not configure the default gateway on any switches.

3750 switches are ping from the machices but the 4948 is not.

graham smart
Level 1
Level 1

On the 4948 switch..

What is the output of:

show int vlan 1

show spanning-tree vlan 1

show run int vlan 1

show cdp n

-Graham
Please note: My comments are simply suggestions. I cannot be held liable for any loss of data, life or marbles due to following my instructions.

Live chat software for websites. Increase sales.

-Graham

Got a website? Need some live chat software?

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In order for it to work correctly you need either the default gateway set of the management vlan or if routing is turned on the 4948 a static default route pointing to the management vlan gateway address. 

Yes, you requiring to run routing protocol or static route pointing for a default-gateway on access-sw, secondly if vlans isnt replecated on access-sw via VTP then you should have same Vlan ID for both the ends in order to communicate in mgmt vlan.

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

Can you post the config of the 4948 switch?  And the port on the 4507 it is connected to?

4948 switch assuming it is running in a L2 mode should have a "ip default-gateway x.x.x.x" command.

I got the solution for this,since 4948 is L3 switch,ip routing was enable on it by default.

no ip routing command solve my problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card