cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%PLATFORM_UCAST-4-PREFIX: One or more, more specific prefixes could not be programmed into TCAM and are being covered by a less specific prefix, and the packets may be software forwarded

fhill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - We are using a 2960 XR as DHCP server for our guest wireless network and recently increase our scope because we were running out of ip addresses.  After doing this we began receiving the above message and users are complaining of sluggish internet perfomrace.  I have read about changing the SDM template but it seems this is related to routing. We are using this switch only as DHCP server and are not routing at all. My question is if I change the SDM template to "SDM prefer VLAN" would that help my issue?  This would be only temporary until we get a more permanent solution. Thanks in advance. Frank

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Have a look at this link.  There is a bug associated with this error message. The 2960x is not listed but it may still apply to your platform.

Open a ticket with TAC and have them analyze the error message.

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuv79324

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card