cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help me in configuring a router!

raghavbhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have to configure a new router with a static route. No routing protocol will be used. Since, I'm a budding Network aspirant i do not know much about things. My senior Network Engineer has asked me to configure this router. There's an apartment where our Overseas employees stay, earlier this apartment had a broadband connection which was further divided through the APs(Cisco Wireless Access Points) and made usable to around 20 users. Now, they have bought in their own lease line and I have to configure this router. Please help me doing this as I'm not aware of anything else apart from what I have written here. Thanks a ton in advance!

2 Replies 2

CSCO12205445
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You should provide some info so that people can figure out what do you want to do. For example, what kind of leased-line is it? L2 or L3? Is it like a cable connecting two sites from your company or is there any router in between from your leased-line provider...?

For what you say, the easiest thing would be to configure a default route to the other end of the leased line and voilà.

Otherwise, you can always ask your senior Network Engineer to configure it (him/her)self or ask for help to him/her.

Regards,

Reg.

I have confirmed from him and we just need to set default route and NAT on it. And we only have to connect that router with ISP and not with our office. And I have to decide the LAN side ip address. Now help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: