Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE issue on a Cat2960L switch

Hi All,

I'm having a weird issue with one of my cat-2960L switches. PoE is not powering up one of our Cisco Phones. this is where is gets odd, I can take another similiar mode phone and it works in that port and move the phone that's not working to another port and it works. Here's a list of trouble shooting I've done and the results.

* Patch Fluke linkrunner in to switch port and run auto test, shows PoE and the watts, supported be log entries while running 'debug ilpower event'

* repeat test with phone that's not working, phone doesn't power up and no events in logs on switch.

* swap phone to another port that has a phone and it works, as well we moved the phone that was in the test port to the port we're having issues with and that phone works.

* we have approximately 4 ports showing the same symptoms.

* I've tried disable PoE on the ports we're having issues with and then enabling it - no effect.

* Since we're patching directly into the switch with a 3' cable it's not distance.

* show power inline , shows we still have 216.8(w) and the ports are set to auto

Any thoughts?

Thanks

JT

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review these bug reports, check if anything might be applicable to you case :

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/search?kw=2960L%20poe&pf=prdNm&sb=anfr

Note  : when pressing the link, it may take a few seconds, before the bug-list appears.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

marce1000
VIP
VIP

(sanity-check , sorry if seen twice)

- Review these bug reports, check if anything might be applicable to you case :

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/search?kw=2960L%20poe&pf=prdNm&sb=anfr

Note  : when pressing the link, it may take a few seconds, before the bug-list appears.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Nothing specifically matched, but I tried using the 'power inline never' command. - no effect. I'm going to check with some of the other debug ilpower commands.

What is the exact model of the switch? 
LAN Lite switches only provide PoE to the first 8 ports.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the command "sh post".

10EAR-SW1#sh post
Stored system POST messages:

Switch 1
---------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco