Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE switch ports stops supplying power on cat 4507e

egain.com
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i  recently deployed cat4507e switch along with  3 nos of WS-X4748-RJ45V+E - 48 port gigabit PoE modules. I am using polycom IP560 phones.

I am facing issue of some switch ports (randomly) stops supplying power to phone at random time. So far there are about 4 incident and i have been plugging those connection to different - usused ports.  I am planning to RESET the switch module during weekend and i think it might fix issues with those ports.

But what would be quick and easy way to fix this issue when the issue is faced?  How/what to check on switch port interface wrt to power? If switch module is falling short of overall power requirement, is there a way to boost the power?

thanks

regards

Rakesh

=====

17 Replies 17

Good to hear.  Let me know how it goes. 

update:

after i reset the switch module last night, it is back to normal now. All ports are supplying power now.

the IOS is IOS-XE  03.02.00.SG.

regards

rakesh

====

No worries at all rakesh.

To search for logs just type "show logging" (provided that you enabled logs) more info here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/system/message/logconf.html

In your logs look for the interface that have/had issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: