Views
Helpful
Replies

Port 10G is not connected in c9500 40X switch to the ISP

deltacompu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone 

I am validating the ISP connection in my company, which mean if the circuit has been installed and it has the correct speed, which is 10G. I was using a C9500 40X to do that. I connected a fiber from the ISP box to one port on the switch. I used a SFP of 10G (1330 nm - 10 KM) and a mono mode fiber. According the ISP, the circuit was activated. I configured the port as routing port, assigned an IP address, created a static route and configured the default gateway as the ISP's IP address. Additionally, Both ports have the same configuration speed and duplex. However, the port in our switch appears as it is not connected. The ISP stated they was able to see signal in their box from our switch but it can not learn our devices.

Finally, I replaced our switch by a cisco ASR1001-X router and the link between the ISP and my company worked. I did not configured anything in our router, just plugged and the link came up. My question is, Do I have to configure something else in the switch or is there any restriction to connect those devices using that speed? 

Thanks in advance

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

c9500 40X  - 2 Uplink x 40Gig  (QSFP )   what kind of Module was installed ? are you using the same SFP in ASR that works ?

can you post, from Cat 9500 - show interface fortygig x/x ( see is the SFP recognized?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your message.

The module installed is SFP 10G LR. Switch recognizes correctly the SFP. Also, I installed the same model of SPF in both ends. I am not using fortygig port since I just want to connect a 10G link connection.  

Hello,

sounds like a physical layer problem. Have you tried swapping the receive and transmit ends when connecting the cable to the SFP ?

What brand/model is the SFP ?

Thanks Georg 

Yes, I swapped the fiber ends (receive and transmit). Also, I replaced the fiber to discard any physical issue. The brand/model of the SFP is Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10-2457-02 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@deltacompu wrote:

Finally, I replaced our switch by a cisco ASR1001-X router and the link between the ISP and my company worked.

What firmware is the 9500 running on?

Thanks Leo for your reply. the firmware is cat9k_iosxe.V169_3_ES2

@deltacompu wrote:

Thanks Leo for your reply. the firmware is cat9k_iosxe.V169_3_ES2

16.9.3 Engineering Special release 2?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card