Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-Channel Automatically went to Admin state down

ranjit123
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We have a pair of cisco 3750 switches connected to juniper, i have faced the below issue. The port channel on cisco went automatically in admin state down thus taking down both the links associated with it. when can this issue occur.. 

"Interface Port-channel19, changed state to administratively down"

Also i have received the below logs

"Unblocking GigabitEthernet2/0/8 on VLAN0200. Port consistency restored. (switch=hostname)"

Same time i received the below logs, i am not certain if the below log is related to the same

"Unable to perform trunk negotiation on port Gi1/0/11 because of VTP domain mismatch.

I am not able to inter relate all the logs and determine waht could have happened and cause this issue.

Regards,

22 May 2018,"

6 Replies 6

Hello,

is the port channel configured between the Cisco 3750 switches, or between the Cisco 3750 switches and the Juniper ?

The error message indicates that a VTP domain mismatch either between the Cisco switches, or between the Cisco switches and the Juniper. Post the output of 'show vtp status' of both 3750s...

Please post the error message when it shutdown..  Also make sure you have the native vlan command under the port channel SVI's on each side.

Below are the logs..

May 22 11:23:12.548: %SPANTREE-7-RECV_1Q_NON_TRUNK: Received 802.1Q BPDU on non trunk GigabitEthernet2/0/8 VLAN200. (BKCIDC-STACK1-2)
May 22 11:23:12.548: %SPANTREE-7-BLOCK_PORT_TYPE: Blocking GigabitEthernet2/0/8 on VLAN0200. Inconsistent port type. (BKCIDC-STACK1-2)
May 22 11:23:14.527: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/8, changed state to down

Hello,

post the output of:

sh vtp status,

sh spanning-tree vlan 200

as well as the full configs of both switches...

Hello

Looks like the other side of that connection is a trunk and not an access port.

RECV_1Q_NON_TRUNK
Inconsistent port type.

Check the port settings of the juniper.

show interfaces brief xx-x/x/x

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Actually the juniper seems to behaving as transparent for the below topology

it is as below

cisco switch 1 <port-channel access mode> =========== to access mode Juniper port-channel trunk mode ================ to cisco switch 2 trunk mode

This is what that is causing the issue how can i rectify it..

Regards,

Ranjit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card