cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-channeling and l;oad balancing with Linux

vikeshdoshi
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently trying to configure a Linux (CentOS) server with a cisco switch and wanted to know if anyone has successfully implemented the following configuration:

The Linux server (NFS Server) has two vlans presented to it and is configured to use 2 port channels to two separate switches.  I wanted to know if there is a way to force the server to send one vlan over one port channel as a priority and the other vlan across the other port channel as a priority.  In the event that either port-channels go down, all traffic must then traverse the other port-channel. 

I would be interested if anyone has successfully implemented this and what configuration they used on the server side. 

1 Reply 1

Hello

Yes you can do that via spanning-tree path cost or port priority manipulation,-  What stp mode are you running.

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: