Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Security correct answer

what is correct answer for the below question.

When you enable port security on an interface that is also configured with a voice VLAN, what is the maximum number of secure MAC addresses that should be set on the port?

A. No more than one secure MAC address should be set.
B. The default will be set.
C. The IP phone should use a dedicated port, therefore only one MAC address is needed per port.
D. No value is needed if the switchport priority extend command is configured.
E. No more than two secure MAC addresses should be set.

8 Replies 8

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

E.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

why not B ?

B doesn't answer the question.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Answer is E if only Cisco IP phone connected or PC with IP communicator.

But if used standard scheme switch--IP Phone--PC, than 3 mac addresses must be set. Cos on practice during IP Phone boot up process it will use 1 mac in Voice vlan and 1 mac in Data vlan (for DHCP server communication I suggest), and third mac address will be used by PC.

But in your question only option E can be possible right answer.

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dinesh,

I would agree with Alex and Jeff.

My answer would also go with E.

Usually, an IP Phone needs two MAC addresses, one for the voice vlan and one for the access vlan. If you don’t want other devices to access this port then you should not set more than two secure MAC addresses.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

same question received in exam but i selected answer E.. But i am not got full  marks....

Dinesh,

How do you know that you got wrong marks on this particular question? As per my knowledge you would not be able to know which question got wrong and which is right except guesing on the percentage you are get to see.

regards

Inayath

Hi Everyone,

I agree correct answer should be E  and there is no way in exam to know if answer is right or wrong.

Regards

Mahesh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card