cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-Security disconnecting me or something else?

cre8toruk
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

pretty much there with my new infrastructure config... 2 x 350XG's stacked & 1 x 300 POE in the core, 4 x 350X-48's stacked at the edge.

I've patched the management vlan (was 1 now something else) through to my PC's second ethernet card and can connect to all three switch entity's on 192.168.254.11, 12 & 13 respectively.

A funny thing has been happening (though only a couple of times) that I noticed.... having connected to one of the switches (.12) via the web console and via SSH and basically been doing a sh run to document the config, I've become disconnected. I can connect to .11 & 13 still (I'm patched through to 13 directly) but .12 has just vanished. If I go and physically plug it into another port voila! I can connect again.

My first thought was port-security, however I've checked that and all the interfaces are set to "Unlocked" currently.

There's not been anything obvious in the logs on .12 to indicate what's happening though of course the .12 switch is connected via trunk to .11 and via trunk .13... Is there anything I can check to see what is occurring?

thanks as ever.

Paul.

2 Replies 2

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hi!
Port-Security is for sure not the issue here.

That sounds really strange to be honest.

What would happen if you just unplug your PC and replug it at the exact same port again?
Is the .12 still unreachable, or can you access it again?

Best regards!

Short answer, I don't know... next time it happens I'll try. Thanks.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: