Views
Helpful
Replies

port security nexus switches

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

Hello All,

We are upgrading to cisco 9000 series switches for our connections from existing 4500/6500 ones.

While moving the switch configs, ports with port-security enabled are seen in old switches.

How do we enable port security in 9000 switches interface. I read that feature has to be enabled.

But when i tried on one switch in global mode, it doesn't give any option of "port-security" feature to be enabled.

MYMG9396(config)# feature port?

% Invalid command at '^' marker.
MYMG9396(config)# feature port-securi?

% Invalid command at '^' marker.
MYMG9396(config)# feature port-securi

Please help on this. Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This feature should be available, reference manual:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/sw/4_1/configuration/guides/cli_4_1/clibook/psec.html#pgfId-1297346

Command:

switch(config)# feature port-security

Can you provide the output to a "show version" command so we can see model, version and licensing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

chris noon
Level 1
Level 1

Is this for standard networking or a fiber channel setup?

this is for normal ethernet connections and some fibre connections to server/hosts.

This feature should be available, reference manual:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/sw/4_1/configuration/guides/cli_4_1/clibook/psec.html#pgfId-1297346

Command:

switch(config)# feature port-security

Can you provide the output to a "show version" command so we can see model, version and licensing.

The link if for an MDS 9000 not a Nexus 9000.

I couldn't find any documentation sugesting the port-security is supported, so I will assume it is not.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card