Views
Helpful
Replies

Port stuck in auto duplex, uplink and etherchannel not working

PIKEYMIKEY
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two switches connected by SFP and the link will not come up either on its own or ultimately part of a pot channel.

It is saying one side of the link is connected and the other side is disconnected :( 

this used to be part of a portchannel but until fixed i have removed.

I have noticed that there is a duplex mismatch between the two interfaces.

Gi1/0/26 is set to speed and duplex auto and ten2/0/2 is set to full full. The other two links in the port channel are full full and working so this leads me to think this is the problem.

I am unable to change to duplex on gi1/0/26 there is no command there when sh or no sh.

SW1

show run int

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/26
description UPL*GB29SW1005*Te2/0/2
switchport trunk native vlan 999
switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate
spanning-tree bpduguard disable
ip dhcp snooping limit rate 100
ip dhcp snooping trust

sh int status

Gi1/0/26 UPL*GB29SW1005*Te2 notconnect trunk auto auto 1000BaseLX SFP

show inventory

NAME: "GigabitEthernet1/0/26", DESCR: "1000BaseLX SFP"
PID: GLC-LH-SM , VID: V03 , SN: FNS12210KPT

S2

show run int

interface TenGigabitEthernet2/0/2
description UPL*UKPKALTSWI005*Gi1/0/26*Po3
switchport trunk native vlan 999
switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate
spanning-tree bpduguard disable
ip dhcp snooping trust

show int status

Te2/0/2 UPL*UKPKALTSWI005* connected trunk full 1000 1000BaseLX SFP

10 Replies 10

PIKEYMIKEY
Level 1
Level 1

cleared config on gi1/0/26 and shutdown the other side still not able to set duplx

Hello,

on a side note, you cannot change the speed/duplex settings on a fiber link. What cable are you using ?

A remote chance of getting this to work is to globally configure the hidden command:

SW(config)#service unsupported-transceiver

Hello

Swap the fibre cable ends around at one end of the cable and reinsert into the sfp

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

swap the cable ends round.. as in the two ends going into sfp for s1 put into the sfp for sw2 and vice versa?

I do not want to put words into his mouth but I believe that Paul was suggesting to swap transmit and receive fibers.

You posted show inventory from sw 1 can you also post it from sw 2?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello Rick

That is exactly what i meant -  cheers RicK

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Paul

Thanks for confirming that I correctly understood your suggestion.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

dbeattie
Level 1
Level 1

On some 1/10G ports on some devices you have to configure the speed to 1000 in order to use 1Gbps SFPs.

Hope this helps,

Dave

I do not want to put words into his mouth but I believe that Paul was suggesting to swap transmit and receive fibers.
Thank you I will ask the site contact to do this.

You posted show inventory from sw 1 can you also post it from sw 2?

NAME: "Te2/0/2", DESCR: "1000BaseLX SFP"
PID: GLC-LH-SMD , VID: V01 , SN: AVJ19383J4X

Thanks for the additional information. I notice that the PID is slightly different and am not sure if that is significant. 

NAME: "GigabitEthernet1/0/26", DESCR: "1000BaseLX SFP"
PID: GLC-LH-SM , VID: V03 , SN: FNS12210KPT

NAME: "Te2/0/2", DESCR: "1000BaseLX SFP"
PID: GLC-LH-SMD , VID: V01 , SN: AVJ19383J4X

I am thinking about the fact that one shows as connected while the other shows not connected. Have you verified that the fiber is correctly connected? Does the output of show cdp neighbor show anything on the connected interface? Is it possible that there is some issue somewhere along the fiber path?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card