Well... I discovered that it is *not* a Cisco-Phone, instead it is some sort of "ASCOM-Phone"... I'll report back when I get this task solved!
Thanks so far!
ASCOM? Don't enable PoE. Get the ASCOM to use a power brick or you'll be forever troubleshooting.
As for now, the issue didn't reappear. To be honest, I didn't go on with this issue, as nobody ever raised a ticket because of a connected device not working.
Still, during december 2012 this switch has been upgraded from 12.x to 15.0(2)SE...
I would say, the problem (and the device) has gone! :-)
i have same problem too, and fixed when i used the power inline never interface configuration command:
Switch(config)# int X
Switch(config-if)# power inline never
That works for me too, to stop the messages. However my device does not receive power either in this case so its kind of useless, unless you only care about messages.
I have the same problem with a samsung POE 10 inch monitor model number DB10E-POE
Feb 8 16:36:15.670: %ILPOWER-5-POWER_GRANTED: Interface Gi2/0/11: Power granted
Feb 8 16:36:15.792: %ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Gi2/0/11: PD removed
Feb 8 16:36:19.665: %ILPOWER-5-POWER_GRANTED: Interface Gi2/0/11: Power granted
Feb 8 16:36:19.959: %ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Gi2/0/11: PD removed
Feb 8 16:36:23.552: %ILPOWER-5-POWER_GRANTED: Interface Gi2/0/11: Power granted
Feb 8 16:36:23.936: %ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Gi2/0/11: PD removed
Now the point of buying this monitor was that it was POE. I can of course put a brick in or its own power supply, however the point was to have one cable running the thing with both power and data.
I suppose there is something the cisco switch does not like about this monitor. I have 271 watts available on the 2960x its plugged into, so its not overloaded or anything like that.
The cable test is fine, however all say "open" as well as the previous poster. even though its clearly not open, its plugged in next to me on my desk. I have tried to get a firmware update for the device but there are none available.
I tried 'power inline static max 30000' and this has stopped the messages and the device now does power on. So i guess that worked for me! I will make a macro for it incase we get more devices of this type.