cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Power stacking prob with C3750 X ,when PoE device is connected.

mastanbabu216
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

i have 3 nos of C3750 X PoE switches which are data and power stacked ,in that switch i connected 7 nos of Access Points which works on PoE.

so when i remove  one power cable from the one switch . the PoE access points are not getting the power and under the access point  interface it is showing as Power denied.

can any one suggest me what is the problem.

regards,

7 Replies 7

SunilKhanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Venkata,

Though I am new to 3750-X but with a little research I found this link, thought of sharing it with you.

Managing Catalyst 3750-X Stack Power

Regards,

Sunil.

Regards, Sunil Khanna

smogra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your problem description is not very clear. What do you mean when you say you remove only one power cable?

Are you aware of how much power does each access point require? Do you get any logs on 3750X as well indicating some problem with PoE? What exact model of 3750X switch you are using?

Sweta

ankugarg
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Venkata,

Please provide the following info--

1)How are power stack cables connected(i mean 1 to 2,then 2 to 3 etc.)

2)What is the power capacity of the three power supplies  (350,715 or 1100)

hi sunil,

thanks for sharing the documnet.

hi swetha,

each ap is using 15.4 watt and all switches are confiured in power redundent mode.

out off 3 sw's 2 sw's are having only have the power source.when i reload the all sw's with this condition.aps are not getting the power,when sw's are configured in redundent mode.what is the problem?

we have 715 power suplly for every switch,but we connected only 2 power source to switches.

hi ankur,

switches power stackings are  connected 1-2,2-3 and 3-1 wise.

when i configured the swithces in power sharing mode .its working,but its not working when its in redundent mode.what is the reason?

thanks and regards,

Venkat

Hi Venkat,

Just wanted to ensure that your total available power,and stack power connections are correct..I am not aware  about redundant and power sharing mode.

This white paper has info about redundant and power sharing mode...Check if this helps you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/white_paper_c11-578931.html

pls share the output of

1. show stack-power

2. show environment power

Regards, Sunil Khanna
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card