Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.2 to 3.4 Upgrade

Nagra_net
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I started the upgrade of our Prime Infrastructure 3.2 server (running on a VM) to 3.4 using the Upgrade Bundle. I started it from the VMware console, but it seems to be stuck on/after "Stage 7 of 7: Re-enabling Database Settings..."

I got the following output:

/opt/CSCOlumos/bin/updatePruneMaxRecords.sh: line 37: [: : integer expression expected
/opt/CSCOlumos/bin/updatePruneMaxRecords.sh: line 41: [: : integer expression expected

And now I just have a blinking cursor after that. It's been on this for a good hour now. 

Is this normal and does it just need more time to complete whatever it is it's doing? Or is it stuck and I need to abort it somehow and restart it or restore?

Thanks,

Luke

Note: I had the latest maintenance release and updates installed for our 3.2 server before I started the upgrade (maintenance release 3.2.2 with Update 04):

Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Version : 3.2.0
Build : 3.2.0.0.258
Installed Patches:
Patch: Cisco Prime Network Control System Version: 1
Critical Fixes:
        PI 3.2.2 Maintenance Release ( 2.0.0 )
        PI 3.2.2 Update 04 ( 4.0.0 )
Device Support:
        Prime Infrastructure 3.2 Device Pack 2 ( 2.0 )
        Prime Infrastructure 3.2 Device Pack 4 ( 4.0 )

1 Reply 1

UKNetworks
Level 1
Level 1
I had the same issue with an upgrade from Prime 3.1.7 to Prime 3.4 but the upgrade completed after waiting for about 90 mins. Maybe because my database size was only 29GB so if you have a bigger DB may take longer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card