Views
Helpful
Replies

printer issue

mechris123
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

recently we deployed voip system in one of our remote site. before that , the users printer is working fine. after deploying the new switch together with the additional config including qos, they start experiencing slowness in printing. yes my suspicion is in the qos but I cant find any related post. anybody got any idea? thanks in advance.

switch model:

WS-C2960S-24TS-L with auto qos

chris

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

is it slow at the network layer or just when printing , what response are you getting from a ping to the switch when on the switch or when upstream further

did you check your qos queues  , if you remove mls qos temporarily does it rectify the issue ,  anything else reporting slow on the switch or just the printer , cpu /memory etc look ok , anything in the logs

thanks for the idea mark

hi you could also test the cable for the printer-switch as well test cable tdr interface x/x/x this will show if all four pairs are working in copper connection and then the usual crc and input error check under the interface itself incase its a layer 1 issue

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hmmm, I can't see how auto qos could cause printing to be slow but if it happened immediately after you enabled it then its unlikely to be a coincidence.

Is it just a single printer?

If you ping it from a host or from the switch itself, what are the round trip times like?

Does the printer spool locally or do you have a print server setup?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card