cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private VLAN on 2960-X

whaduch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I found in Cisco Feature Navigator that the feature 'Private VLANs' supports on switch 2960X... but in reality it doesn't... no "private-vlan" in context vlan ID... I have IOS 15.0(2)EX4... any idea?

14 Replies 14

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

thanks for reply... I read this post earlier but it is not solution for me... I enclose screen to post

Hi
sorry why wont it work , the image is 15.2(4) and he has stated it works for PVlans on his 2960X , your screenshot shows 15.0 ?

I have 15.0(2)EX4, but I have possibility to upgrade to 15.2 release... do you have a knowledge that it helps?

What license do you have installed?

my license is LANBASE and UNIVERSAL image

sh license
Index 1 Feature: lanlite
        Period left: 0  minute  0  second
Index 2 Feature: lanbase
        Period left: Life time
        License Type: Permanent
        License State: Active, In Use
        License Priority: Medium
        License Count: Non-Counted

Private VLANs are not supported on switches running the LAN Base image. ...

from the docs

It's a pity that Cisco Feature Navigator is pointing out something else... :-(

I will try to upgrade - maybe PVLAN show up...

Thanks for help... best regards

I found working 2960X switch with LANBASE release 15.2(2)E3 (nearly recommended by YOU), but no "private-vlan" commands/feature :-(

If we are to believe the feature navigator only 15.2(2)E supports PVLAN, not later releases in that train.

I'd recommend trying 15.2(4)E7....it is listed in the feature navigator as supporting PVLAN on LAN Lite and LAN Base.

cheers,

Seb.

You are correct, 15.0(2)EX4 should work for your switch and license. Checking the release notes doesn’t list any caveats for your switch which would suggest why it wouldn’t work.

Personally I would upgrade to 15.2(4)E7 which lists it as supporting PVLAN and also because 15.0(2)EX4 has been deferred since 2015 .

Cheers,

Seb.

Bingo!... 15.2(4)E6 already has this feature... thanks a lot!... but you must know (especially before acquisition) that Cisco Feature Navigator has mismatches...

cheers

Wacław

The only method that I've found that provides 100% assurance whether a command is provided, or not, on a specific platform and IOS, is to try it on that platform and IOS. Of course, sometimes you'll find the command doesn't work correctly, and when you ask Cisco about that, sometimes you'll find the command isn't supported and it should not be available.

Understand "bugs" aren't always limited to software, they can occur in documentation too. ;)
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card